Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Etymology

This is a blog. Nothing more. It is a web-log. A web-log of my daily events starting today, the 16th of June 2010. However before i start raving about my achievements today, I believe I owe you an explanation regarding the title of my blog. It would obviously be stupid on your part to believe that I have made a spelling mistake. That's not something I do. There are a few reasons behind my naming the blog 'vaInilla'

#1 I like Vanilla Ice cream and in some parts of the world vanilla is spelt as vainilla
#2 Vanilla is the second-most expensive spice in the world after saffron and in some parts of the world vanilla is spelt as vainilla
#3 Some people tell me I am highly vain because I keep bragging about my achievements(?) at IIM Indore (thats why the extra and capitalised I).This is not true. I am an extremely modest person and maintain a low profile most of the time. There are so many in class who do mindless CP (Class Participation) and get away with it whilst I am accused of being a limelight hogger for just putting forward some genuinely insightful views in front of my highly overrated classmates. What a shame!
#4 Just to strengthen the above point, I have constructed one of the most amazing sniglets of recent times. Most of you may not know that 'illa' in Malayalam means 'not'.. So if you exercise your grey cells a little bit, you will realize that vain-illa-guy can then be translated to vain-not-guy - a guy who is not vain. Very clever, I know.. (though I am aware that this phrase can be interpreted in another way and I would request you to not pay too much attention to that). You see I love Malayalam. Its a beautiful language. And I love Malayalis. Oh well, at least did till January 2009 but that is another story. Anyway, now that we are on the same page let us begin the magical voyage that is my life. Coming up soon - Day Zero. Until later, mortal low-lifes!

1 comment:

  1. Very Clever .. Mr. VaIn-illa .. as u know already :)

    ReplyDelete